As fall foliage creates a colorful display and children and dogs frolic in leaf piles on the lawn, it may surprise you that:
- Fall leaf colors are actually present year-round. Sunlight and chlorophyll turn the leaf color green. When sunlight diminishes in fall, chlorophyll breaks down, letting the plant’s natural red, yellow, and orange hues shine.
- Contrary to popular belief, squirrels who have spent the entire autumn collecting acorns and other foods do not hibernate for the winter. When squirrels are out in the winter, they feast on the food they buried during the fall.
So what does that have to do with bookkeeping? For some, fall means pumpkin spice EVERYTHING and that the year is winding down. This “changing of the season” can also be a time to review your year to date finances, with an eye for weathering 2021 changes and the days ahead post election 2020. Like leaves adapting to the changing elements, plans will most likely need adapting too. And it is always a good time to squirrel away additional rations as one can, for what everyone has been touched by, the unexpected.
This might be the perfect time to ask for assistance from a bookkeeper beyond the usual “keeping the books”.
- Perhaps you are contemplating a relocation and need help organizing move costs
- Perhaps you are in between jobs and need a budget strategy
- Perhaps you are behind on filing your taxes and need an income statement generated from that box of receipts and bank records
- Perhaps you are ready to turn that hobby into a real business, and need direction setting it up right the first time
MJB’s Bookkeeping Solutions, LLC’s value includes the daily, monthly, quarterly, or annual recordkeeping, but we also welcome your special projects including setup or cleanup of your bookkeeping, training, or other bottlenecks keeping you from your passion. Let us know how we can create a tailored solution just for you.