16. Cancel your PMI. If you purchased your home with less than a 20% down payment, you may have gained enough equity by now to cancel expensive private mortgage insurance.
17. Have a yard sale. This takes time, but it’s really worth the trouble once you clear your house of clutter and have extra cash in your pocket.
18. Transfer your credit card balance. If you have several credit cards with high interest rates, seek out a company offering a promotional 0% balance transfer and move your existing balance to the new card. The catch: You have to pay off your debt during the introductory period or you’ll be back at square one.
19. Go meatless once a week. You don’t have to live off of tofu to save money, but swapping two meat-based meals a week to vegetarian options will save a ton on food costs.
20. Buy your jeans at a discount retailer. Don’t pay retail for designer jeans or other clothes, go to the outlet malls or stores like TJ Maxx, Ross, Burlington, Nordstrom Rack and Loehmanns, where clothes are usually discounted by at least $100.
Have you come up with some other ideas? Please share them with MJB’s Bookkeeping Solutions