As with any game in sports, it’s rare that a good offense wins without a good defense to back it up. Your finances are no different.
So how often should You analyze your “game” to determine any weaknesses and reposition resources as necessary? Once a month is the best practice, subject to the unexpected, a flag that could put Your income at risk and elevate expenses.
Having an “A” game in place is good, and having a plan “B” is also recommended for reasons noted above. Here are a few tactics on how to fortify Your game plan:
- Are there other possible revenue streams You could implement
- Ideally you already have and are using a budget, and make sure You include Owner Draws in the budget
- Document all cash purchases to capture any deductible personal or business expenses
- Save consistently for rainy day and/or the emergency funds
- Be as debt free as possible, pay off credit cards regularly if possible
- Rotating credit cards and paying them off affects credit scores in a positive way
Accountancy is all about the numbers, achieving offensive/defensive balance, and being able to quickly adjust to change.
MJB’s Bookkeeping Solutions will work the sidelines to assist You in creating a clearer economic path, so that You can spend your effort and time on what is important. Call, Email, or Make an appointment for Your No Obligation Consultation Today.
OK, now breathe! That’s it, take a deep breath in and slowly release it… tax day is over, spring is in the air and summer is just around the corner. LIFE IS GOOD!
That is until you take a good look at the mess around your computer… the strewn trash piles along with the old financial records and leftover coffee cups and who knows how long that box of chow mein noodles has been siting there… right?!
But remember, it’s SPRING and what better time than to get started on a bit of spring cleaning? I’m not just talking about cleaning up from your deadline with the IRS or cleaning out the closets and under your bed, I’m talking about your financial spring cleaning.
Listed below are suggestions for cleaning up your finances:
- Check Your Credit Score – Is there any incorrect or misleading information about you that could hurt your score? What can you do to improve your score?
- Organize and/or Shred Old Financial Documents – Clean up your files and shred any old or no longer needed information.
- Re-balance and Diversify Your Investment and Retirement Accounts – How are your investments doing? Are you on tract with your retirement goals?
- Review Your Insurance Coverage – has there been any life event changes? Do you need any additional coverage or is any coverage obsolete?
- Review Your Expenses and shop for better rates – Can you pay less if you switching to a different company? Are you using what you paid for like that gym membership?
- Set up Automatic Bill Pay – Late fees undermine your financial goals, therefore put regular payments on automatic bill pay so this doesn’t happen.
- Save without Thinking – How is your emergency fund? Are you saving enough each month?
- Revisit Your Budget – Once you have reviewed your finances ensure that the new numbers are worked into your budget.
- Record Your Financial Passwords and Store Records in a Safe Place – Or better yet, use a trusted online password storage system and be sure to use a different password for each of your financial sites changing the password on a quarterly bases.
Knowing where you stand with your finances will better enable you to make wise and prudent money choices. If you need some help getting started, Contact MJB’s Bookkeeping Solutions, or Make an Appointment for a 1-Hour no Obligation Consultation.
Have you ever thought about giving the Gift of Time? Everyone needs extra time from time to time, and a gift of a few hours could put you on their “favorites” list!
Contact MJB’s Bookkeeping Solutions for information on purchasing a Gift Certificate for your Home or Business Office, or someone you may know that could use an extra hand with bookkeeping, or getting ready for preparing taxes! Credible and tailored bookkeeping and accounting services serving individuals and companies, freeing them to do what they do best – creating value for their customers.
This is a new economy, and the landscape of “traditional” staff resources is changing. Your work hard, passion and commitment go into creating value for your customers. You want to know if you are getting paid for your hard work – where, how much and when your money is coming and going, and most importantly what’s left for you. Accountancy is all about the numbers – your business’ numbers. It’s that simple.
You have many choices when selecting a bookkeeping service. What sets MJB’s Bookkeeping Solutions apart is our tenure of professionalism, passion for accountancy, believing in the value you provide the world, working with you to help you measure your business’ success, serving a broad range of business client types and sizes, and expertise in various accounting software platforms.